Monday 9 June 2014

Weekly Edit: Boxy & White

Going through a Vogue issue from earlier in the year, provides a lot of inspiration for future purchases and DIY ideas. Picking out three pages from a pile of influences, I decide to pin them to my new inspo-board (at least until I figure out whether or not I want an inspiration gallery above my computer).


One of many pieces I've been coveting is a boxy top, one without a feminine silhouette but still exudes a sense of allure (like this CADET JACKET from 3.1 Phillip Lim). Along with this, is the colour (or lack thereof) white, which has been my favourite tone in just about everything. My room, furniture, etc. The word boring came to many minds, when I mentioned choosing white as the new colour for my walls. Nonetheless, my decision never wavered and guess what? My room is now white and I am still very much in love with it (I just lean on my door frame, study my room and sigh dreamily). Ok, back to the edit.

I'm not sure if you have noticed, but pleats are in. After seeing this pleated skirt from Filles à Papa, I've been searching for the perfect fabric to make my own. I love the combination of black vs white, and the pleats give the skirt a uniform flow, streamlining the silhouette but still allowing movement. Plus, the mid-thigh high slit elongates your legs and keeps them cool from the summer heat.
Note the three filles en blanc? The composition of the models and the outfits, feels light and airy. A breath of fresh air from the bombard of tanned skin and colourful prints I've been spotting lately. The simplistic forms and monotone palette, clears one's mind. One thing I'm not quite taken with here, has to be the head scarf. I don't think I'm going to find myself with one anytime soon, at least not when it's tied under the chin (I have no urge to shorten my neck by 50% visually).

If any of you have any DIY ideas or fabric choices for a pleated maxi skirt, pop in a comment down below. Even if you don't, I'd love to read your opinions.

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *